Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Family Tree

Hi guys,
Its been quite a while since I updated my last post .... Now I'm back hehehe ...

Lately I've been in contact with my relatives in Philippines. They are requesting me to create a family tree that can be accessed online by other family members and can add it up or merge it up with their own family tree.

My initial plan was to host a website especially for my family in other words, family website. But then I thought there must be a cheaper way .... one that doesn't require you to fork up cash to achieve such objective. Something like this blogspot ... its free and you can post as much as you like.

So I went googling here and there and came across quite a number of websites that offer free family tree hosting. Unfortunately though .... most of these websites has limitations such as, limited number of pictures you can upload, and limited number of family members that you can add and so on. You need to buy a pro version of it in order to get rid of the limitations.

Luckily, I came across this magnificent website that so far has no limitations like I just mentioned. Well, there are actually but its quite minimal and the pro-version features which are not in the free-version are not something I really need the most. As long as I can upload any number of pictures and add family members as much as I want, its cool with me.

As of now I am the unofficial family historian and the custodian of the Datu Amirhussin Family Tree hehehe

I figured that I share with you so that you can make your own family tree and perhaps we can merge our family tree and be surprised that we are related hehehe.

Here is the website http://www.geni.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment